Porsche Logojpg1

Saturday testing went really well, we showed ourselves to be right on the pace in all conditions with small improvements coming all day. I went in to race day feeling confident that we were competitive.


My first heat was chaotic, three false starts and then a red flag after just a lap. I was in gr25 and the restart wasn't great, no rolling up lap they just got us all started and off it went, I was well back and made up no places at the start so I had plenty of work to do. I teamed up with a mate and we powered through up to P7. The next two heats were less eventful with second place finishes from 10th in both.


Having managed to get it on pole the decisions had to be made about set up. Just as we'd got it sorted it started to rain...back on set up. We went to the grid with three sets of tyres, this race had the potential to be a tyre lottery!


We went out for the rolling up lap on slicks with spots of rain hitting my visor, with no one in front to see what the conditions were like I pushed ahead and held my position. It was a hard fought race with some great driving all round, my position varied from first to fourth and back up and down I went as the lead changed several times.


Eventually I crossed the line just 0.16 behind the winner, I'd come off the final corner so well that with a few more metres I think I might have just snatched it.


It was a really enjoyable day of racing, lots of really good driving and some great moves on track. My kit was immense all weekend, we changed the set up more than any weekend I can think of, it was hard work so I have to thank Martyn and Scott, the dream team!


I move onto PFI next weekend for Super 1 before returning to Shenny for Super 1 in October. It all looks very positive for my last two rounds at S1.

Hard work in changeable conditions yields a good result at Shenny

I returned to Shenington for the September club round along with a highly talented grid of Super 1 drivers all hoping to enjoy a pre Super 1 shakedown.


The weather promised to play havoc with our set up with conditions varying from totally dry to torrential rain and everything in between.


Martyn was running me but I was really lucky to have Scott on the spanners for me and I hoped that we might once again take some silverwear home.